Given the pressing social issue of poor nutrition and childhood obesity in the UK alongside the climate emergency and the challenges of the global food system, Danone believe that the health of people and the health of the planet are interconnected and they have a role to play in championing healthy, sustainable lifestyles.
About Eat Like A Champ
Eat Like A Champ is a free six lesson programme designed to help children aged 9 and 10 years old (Year 5/Primary 6/P6) across the UK learn about healthy, sustainable lifestyles in a fun and exciting way!
The six lessons are:
- Written in collaboration with the British Nutrition Foundation, British Dietetic Association and everyday sustainability experts Hubbub.
- Developed to support the delivery of key healthy eating and sustainability messages and to encourage physical activity.
- Linked to UK curricula.
- Supportive of healthy schools initiatives.
- Compliant with the Core Competencies.
- Run in support of the Change4Life campaign.
Since our pilot launch in 2010 Eat Like a Champ has reached over half a million children and independent evaluations in 2012, 2016 and 2018 demonstrated that children who took part in Eat Like A Champ shifted their behaviours towards healthier eating habits.